Sunday, April 29, 2012
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup coconut (you can use Rice Krispies insead if you prefer)
1/4 cup quinoa
1/4 cup chopped nuts (I use almonds)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
1) In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, quinoa and nuts and set aside.
2) In a small pot over medium heat combine butter, brown sugar and honey until it starts bubbling. Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
3) Add vanilla and pour over dry ingradients.
4) Pour into lightly greased 8" x 8" pan and sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
5) Pack down well and let cool until chocolate chips are no longer soft.
6) Cut into bars and enjoy your healthy, protein-filled snack!
Makes about 12 granola bars.
*Store in plastic bags or plastic wrap for future snacking :)
Sunday, April 1, 2012
1 cup flour
1 pkg Kool-Aid (not grape or lemonade)
1/4 cup salt
2 Tbsp. oil
1 cup boiling water
Stir together dry ingredients.
Add wet ingredients (and watch the magic of the color appearing!)and stir until cool enough to knead.
Knead or stir completely until cool. You can also add glitter once it has cooled if you wish!
Have fun with your new Play-Doh!
Store in a sealed container or Ziploc bag.