1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup coconut (you can use Rice Krispies insead if you prefer)
1/4 cup quinoa
1/4 cup chopped nuts (I use almonds)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
1) In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, quinoa and nuts and set aside.
2) In a small pot over medium heat combine butter, brown sugar and honey until it starts bubbling. Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
3) Add vanilla and pour over dry ingradients.
4) Pour into lightly greased 8" x 8" pan and sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
5) Pack down well and let cool until chocolate chips are no longer soft.
6) Cut into bars and enjoy your healthy, protein-filled snack!
Makes about 12 granola bars.
*Store in plastic bags or plastic wrap for future snacking :)