Thursday, February 23, 2012

Never a Normal Shopping Trip

Tonight Matt and I decided to make an impromptu trip to Costco because we were in dire need of diapers, Pull-Ups and baby wipes all of which we buy there. Both kids had been in a decent mood today, so I thought "hey, why not?".

We got to into Costco and into the bread aisle when Ceili says about a lady right beside us "OH, that lady is grumpy!". The woman looked at me like "say something to make me feel better about the rude comment you kid just made" and I just stood there because I didn't know what to say or do! I asked Ceili later why she said that, she said "she had a grouchy face on". Toddlers say the funniest things!

When we got to the checkout, Abbey started screaming so I told Matt I was going to sit down in the eating area and feed her. I sat down with Ceili and Abbey and of course she wouldn't latch on, she just screamed while I tried to stick my boob in her mouth. That's probably the first time that has ever happened, so I didn't know what to do. You have to remember this breastfeeding thing is somewhat new to me because Ceili and I didn't do well with it and switched to formula when she was 7 weeks old. I had to put Abbey back into her carseat and take her home. I don't know if she wasn't hungry or there was just too much commotion for her, but she did nurse when we got home.

I'm glad to be home after all of that craziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment