Thursday, May 16, 2013

Getting Easier Every Day

We are still doing great with our clean eating! I have reduced the amount of carbohydrates we are eating as well and it's working great. Matt has lost 12 lbs and I have lost 11 lbs. My pants are already starting to get loose and the ones that were too tight are actually feeling comfortable now!

I have tried a bunch of great new recipes like Asian noodle bowls, Greek salad with chickpeas and all kinds of delicious salad rolls. I also made homemade clean granola last night and homemade nutella spread today and both are huge hits with the kids!

I feel so much better inside and out since we have started clean eating. I didn't expect to feel so good and I honestly didn't know if I had the willpower to do it. I thought that when I made the kids a snack, I wouldn't be able to resist having a cracker or taste of what they were having. Now I make the snack and give it to them without even batting an eye. Joe Cross is right, you need to eat mindfully. I always have to remember that and it makes it so much easier. If I don't feel hungry, I don't eat. But if I am hungry, I eat mindfully and eat something healthy and something that I know will make me feel full.

I find that it does take a lot more chopping and prep work to eat clean. I have to remember to soak the beans the night before, take the time to chop the veggies for dinner, etc. but it is totally worth it!

I have had a few people saying to me "what diet are you on?" I make sure to mention that it is not a diet, it is a change of lifestyle. I look forward to continuing eating this way because I am enjoying all of the homemade, natural foods and feeling well. I don't plan on going back to my old way of eating ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment