Saturday, May 4, 2013

Juice Reboot- Day 2

I woke up this morning feeling hungover. I felt so exhausted and my body ached all over! I dragged my butt out of bed at 7:30 am because the kids were up, but I wanted to stay in bed so badly. Another day of juicing made my stomach turn but I knew I had to keep this promise to myself.

I went to the washroom (for the one millionth time!) and then weighed myself. Down 5 lbs, woohoo! I was very surprised to see the scale move that much after only a day.

Once I got the kids their breakfast- delicious looking toast and fruit, I started cutting up oranges, carrots and beets for our morning juice "Sunrise". The flavor of the beets really grossed me out in our last drink that contained them. I was making the juice as Matt was getting up and he looked at it with a disgusted look on his face. He said his stomach had been bothering him all night and he didn't know if he even wanted to drink anymore juice. I told him that it was his decision, after all he is only doing this cleanse to be my support. He decided to try some juice for breakfast. We agreed that it was okay, but the beet flavor was still there. We each had a lemon tea and a bunch more water and got ready for the day.

We decided to take the girls to the park to get out and do something. It was only a 10 minute drive, I made Matt stop at 7-11 so I could pee....again! I drank my coconut water on the way as well. Matt opted out of the coconut water today. We had a good play at the park and were ready for lunch. At that point I could have died for a burger! We came home and had our lunch juice, another green one "Mean Green". I added more apple and some pear to it because the last batch I made was so horrible. This wasn't as bad, but still wasn't easy to get down. The kale taste is very strong in all of the drinks. We managed to gulp it down and voted for a vegan spinach salad for dinner.

We all had a nap and I slept better than ever. I have been so tired and have been sleeping so hard. It was time for our afternoon snack, but neither of us felt hungry so we skipped it. A couple of hours later I made our spinach salads with mushroom, onion, bell pepper, cucumber and a bit of dressing made of balsamic vinegar, EVOO, garlic, salt and pepper. It was wonderful! I have never enjoyed a salad more. And I felt so full and energetic afterwards! Afterwards, I made our dessert drink made of watermelon, limes and blueberries and put our drink bottles in the freezer for later because we weren't hungry for dessert.

We are just drinking our dessert now and it's very good. Because we put it in the freezer for a couple of hours, it is like a slush and perfect for a warm day like today. I will have my tea right away and call it a night.

As I think about it more, my eating was just an addiction and I am giving myself a "rehab". My body is going through withdrawals complete with headaches, exhaustion and aches and pains. Matt has been freezing cold and had a headache all day so I guess his body is going through the same thing. I need to break this addiction so I can start fresh and give my children a positive example to follow when they eat and start healthy habits for them!

One more day to go, I can see the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment