Monday, May 6, 2013

Juice Reboot- Day 3

I am writing the day after my 3rd day because I was so tired last night and had to be up early to take Ceili to school. Yeasterday was almost the hardest day for me. I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I knew I couldn't give in and eat regular meals all day!

I weighed myself and I was only down 6 lbs total. I was a little discouraged but knew I didn't drink enough water on Saturday so that probably played a part. Matt was already down 9 lbs!

We started with Apple Carrot juice for breakfast. It was supposed to have ginger, but I really didn't feel like putting it in. We tried straining it this time to see if it helped and it did! Less pulp meant less gagging. I had a lemon ginger tea and Matt had a lemon zinger tea with it. Then we packed up our water and my coconut water and headed to my parents house for a visit because it is my mom's birthday today.

Matt forgot to drink any water while we were out, so he was parched by the time we got home. I drank my coconut water at my parents place as well as some water so I felt fine. He said he was starting to feel light headed and weak. I made us the Garden Variety juice for lunch with more apple and less kale. The smell of the kale was starting to make us feel ill! We strained it again and it wasn't as frothy this time so it was a little more bearable. We all laid down for a nap, but I couldn't sleep. I didn't feel so tired for a change.

We skipped the afternoon snack again and ate an earlier dinner of real food- baked yam and steamed broccoli with a bit of lemon juice and salt and pepper. It was so delicious! I enjoyed the yam most. After dinner I made our dessert juice- watermelon, blackberries, lime and carrot, filled our water bottles and stuck them in the freezer. I also made my morning juice because I wanted to keep juicing once a day. Matt went to rake the lawn and enjoy the beautiful weather and I cleaned up around the house.

Once we put the kids to bed, we drank our dessert and I worked on our lunches for the next day. I made us each a spinach salad with bell pepper, mushrooms, red onion, tomato and some hard boiled egg and this amazing dressing. I had one taste and was in love! That will definitely be a regular recipe in our house.

We went to bed a bit earlier than usual because we were worn out and I was very much looking forward to a more normal day!

I weighed myself this morning and am down a total of 9.2 lbs since the beginning of the cleanse! This starts me off in a good place to start loosing weight and feeling more healthy. I am happy that I did the cleanse, as awful as it seemed sometimes. My clothes are feeling more comfortable and I am more comfortable in my skin already. I am proud that I am eating what my body needs, not just what it craves and am hoping that I can carry on long term eating clean and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment